Sunday, January 6, 2008

Izzy is two weeks old today...

His first bath. Actually he did not love it. At all....
It looks like he is really smiling dunnit.... But I dont think he smiles on purpose for a few weeks yet.. I think it was just a little fart actually...
He looks super handsome here...


So he is two weeks old now. He is spotty - baby acne from the hormones in breasticle milk; and still a little flaky and the boy can sure down milk.

Last night he slept from midnight till six can you believe it. The thing is, I didnt sleep because I was getting ready for him to wake up at four - as usual - then he didnt. So I had to try and sleep again but I couldnt because Redha insisted that he stay in the bed with us.. And he snuffles and snorts, and then Redha was snoring so it was kind of like being in bed in a farm.

Its now half two. Lying on the bed with the lap top on my lap. My stitches still kind of snag and pull. They are a right fu*king pain in the ass. And I have to pump my udders in a bit. I need to make a list of things about what I wasnt prepared for:


Things they dont tell you:

1. When you get to Ripas, and upon being warded, you dont get told jack shit about what happens next.

2. The time from when you think you are in labour to the time when you actually need to push is a goddammed long ass time.

3. You lose a lot of blood throughout.

4. My favourite part - strangely enough - was after they stitched me up, Izzy was asleep in the bed thing next to me in the labour room, it was around 7 in the morning, I was all alone, I was not in pain, I was served a warm milo and a bun, then I stood up to get out of bed to go wash and wee(then blood gushed out and went ALL over the floor) I felt relaxed and relieved.

5. Noone told me how the pain does not actually stop after giving birth. Stitches are no joke - very hard to move around with what they did to me down south

6. Oh and jesus christ when the milk comes in.. its like someone implanted canon balls behind your nipples.

7.Leakage. Are you kidding me... everything is padded up.. bras, underwear.

8. Night sweats. The grossest. Every night now I wake up wringing wet around my neck from nasty sweating. Apparently its the body still getting rid of water that was retained during pregnancy.
I had a major list but now I cant remember..

No comments: